Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mini Size Me

The basic principal of capitalist economics is supply and demand. If people want it, they will pay for it. And while the country is struggling to recover economically I am not the only person who is willing to pay more for less.

This article was on the financial page of Yahoo yesterday. It is a financial analysis of the mini size trend in restaurants.

I have said this before: I am more than willing to spend more money to help control my eating. If the Super Size portion costs less per ounce I cannot get it and just eat a Mini Size amount, I will eat it all.

I love the mini size trend, particularly in desserts. Restaurant desserts have always been over sized and over priced. I am willing to pay half as much for something a quarter of the original size. I know that might seem like a rip-off, but technically I am still spending less.

There is no way I am going to become someone who doesn't eat dessert. Having options like mini Blizzards and cupcakes make this much easier. I can have my cake and eat it to without massive regret.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! A treat should be a treat, not a meal and I'm willing to pay more per calorie to eat fewer of them :)

    ReplyDelete