Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Other Half of the Equation

So yesterday I wrote about different avenues for debt reduction. I do not have the space in all the infinite internet to describe the different ways to lose weight. Go to your local library or book store and see for yourself, everyone has written a weight loss book/plan/life style/mantra.

What I can tell you is I have tried many of them, some more successfully than others and it all comes down to one thing: you have to want to change your life.

I will never mention my actual weight on this blog, I will track my progress in percentages of goal achieved and those who see me on a regular basis will be able to tell if I am lying or not :) By putting this out there I become accountable now in a much more public way.

I will confess one thing here though: I have never been thin. And I am certain that there is something buried deep in my subconscious that has always prevented me from succeeding. I cannot picture myself thin and that is a huge stumbling block. The psychological implications are obvious and this blog is not a replacement for therapy, but know that I do not enter this lightly (ha!) or without compassion for others facing the struggle.

I will never preach to you about what to eat (although please do not eat this) or how much. I am not an expert (obviously or I wouldn't be in this position) and you should always consult a doctor before starting any weight loss program.

2 comments:

  1. Ew. A Krispy Kreme cheesburger. Just looking at that image not only caused my jaw to drop, but my stomach to spill right over the top of my jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will (and have) eat just about anything, but even I draw the line at this, iccckkk.....

    ReplyDelete