Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What I Learned in Year One Part 2

I cannot eliminate entire foods from my diet, no matter how bad they are for me.


I went over 5 months without eating anything deep-fried, and I was disappointed in myself for falling off the fried wagon, but it is truly unreasonable to imagine not eating certain things ever again.

I wish I could give up candy as there are many more delicious dessert delicacies I would rather waste my calories on, but I just cannot seem to do it.

I did succeed in finding a few dessert-type items that were less destructive than others (fat free pudding, York peppermint patties and ginger snaps) to satisfy an every day need.

Any successes in cutting out a bad diet staple out there?

1 comment:

  1. I all but eliminated ice cream from my diet by replacing it with Columbo coffee yogurt topped with whip cream. Mmmmmmmm. Congrats on a whole year of change. :)

    ReplyDelete